About Us

My photo
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Friday 20 March 2015

Almost time for goodbyes...


Well today was one of those days where you just need to cry and let your emotions show just a little. Today we had to say goodbye to the Centro de Fe students, let’s just say many tears were shed and it was a bitter sweet day. The upside is we get to see our grade 11 friends one more time on Sunday at church; more tears will be shed.

This trip has been one of the best experiences, if not the best experience of my life. I have never met people and fell in love with them so quickly; Gods love is so evident in the students and the staff at Centro de Fe. I instantly felt love when we first walked into the school; everyone knew we were coming and were ready to welcome us.  It was so exciting and I have to say leaving this place will be near impossible.

When I signed up for this trip I never expected the life changing relationships that have been built to happen. Today, once again, we were able to see how important relationships are and how much they are valued here in Nicaragua. The people here value relationships way more than the materials things; this is something that has challenged me. It has also helped me to realize how much more important relationships with people are. There is love among the students and the staff, there is a love that is real and affectionate. We were able to see that again today when we were painting and doing service to the school. Even during work we laugh and play and that is a blessing from God.

This whole trip has been a blessing and couldn’t have asked God for anything different. I have been challenged and filled with joy and love during this trip; God is good. So much has been learned during this trip and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that this trip has changed our lives. Everywhere we have gone we have been able to see and learn how God is working in Nicaragua which has been a blast and a blessing. This trip is coming to an end and it is unbelievably sad but we all have so many memories and we have built relationships that I hope will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment