About Us

My photo
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Love God, Love People

Alison Williams here.  Is this where I put an introduction?  I will keep this short, for it has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with what I want to share.  I suppose the two are interconnected in more ways than I know, but I shall be brief all the same.  I am a teacher at the secondary campus of Abbotsford Christian School and this will be my fourth time going to Nicaragua as a co-leader.

 I have always been a person who loves relationship... I love to love people and I love it when they love me back. I always tell my students that that is what life is about.  Love God, Love People.  I could consider that my mantra really.  Maybe that is why I find myself leaving my family (and spring break) year after year to travel back to an intercity school and the people we find inside.  It is not just a school, they are people. 

Earlier this week I asked my husband, Kit, what he thought glory was.  Being the collective person that he is, and me being the “say the first thing that pops into your head” type of person I am, I didn’t wait patiently for what he had to say, but I did not interrupt his thoughts as he formulated them.  He said that the first thing that came to his mind was an image of the clouds parting and beams of light shining through.  I asked some sort of probing question, (I can’t remember was it was because it was probably the first thing that came to my mind and I just said it without thinking about it and therefore not committing it to memory), and he then responded with something like this: I think glory is when people do something that reflects or reminds you of Jesus.

Glimpse of Glory… That is what this trip is about.  That is what our relationship with Centro de Fe is about.  Reflecting and reminding others and ourselves of Jesus.  Jesus, the ultimate lover of God and people.  And while we live out these glimpses of glory in our day to day we might even get a chance to shine brightly and break through some clouds.

We look forward to sharing these stories of God’s glory when we encounter them and when we create them over the next 11 days.

Love God, Love People.

1 comment:

  1. Alison, Roy, Team,
    Our knights lost a tough game tonight. We were ahead for most of the game and lost in the final seconds. It was a hard loss for the team. Playing for 5th tomorrow and Saturday.

    Have a great trip. Say hi to George and Sandra. Enjoy our friends there and in the Nehemiah Centre. Blessings.

    Mr. Goertzen

    ReplyDelete