About Us

My photo
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Monday 16 March 2015

Highlight...


Just like all the other days on this trip, this day was loads of fun.  When we went to school Jorge taught all the students about Daniel.  He shared Daniel 1:8 “But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way.”  Jorge talked about how Daniel made very important and right decisions even though he was young.  He told us that they can and should do the same.   

Our team woke up early in the morning to make it to the school for math class.  Most of you are probably thinking about how boring that sounds, but it was super fun getting to attend a class that is taught in Spanish with the Nicaraguan students that you have built friendships with.  The students are really fun to talk to and I am constantly wanting to know more about them and their lives as they are interested in mine.  At the beginning when we first arrived, for some reason I wasn’t looking forward to interacting with the students as I thought that it would maybe be boring and I felt a lot of pressure coming up to this.  But every day we are there, I enjoy being with the students and they are the highlight of the trip.  I look forward to seeing them every morning!

The rest of the day was a sweaty mess but such a blast.  After our class we went down and just hung out with all the children in the primary wing of the school on their break.  I have never given so many piggy-backs in my life.  It was good to be able to interact with the much younger grades for the first time.  The main highlight of my day would have to be playing sports with the grade 11 students in the afternoon at a park that was walking distance from Centro de Fe.  We played ball hockey, volleyball, soccer and other games.   The sun was hot but that didn’t hold us back from committing and making an awesome day even better.

God has spoken to me through Ecclesiastes 11:4-5.  “Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.  As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the maker of all things.”  This whole time I have been here, I have not really been sure of how God is working through me.  I think in the evening about what I can do to influence the students’ lives but nothing comes to my mind that will make a huge impact.  But I know now that God is doing marvelous things through me and the team and I realize that I don’t need to understand how, or see every amazing work of God that occurs.  God works in mysterious ways.  Honestly, now that I think about things, there were so many highlights of my day.  But the biggest one for me now, is realizing how much God is doing for these students and our team in Nicaragua.   

Wesley Brown

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, years after an experience, we realize that we learned something, or that someone learned something from watching us...and at the time, we had no idea. Glad you are thinking deeply about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been loving the comments fave. Thanks so much. Gracias por todos profa

    ReplyDelete